Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Feeding the ducks with Olivia

My Aunt Zanna and I have been taking an online class this summer to fulfill our last science credit. We both have been quite the procrastinators, putting off the work until the very last moment. Our third test was open at the testing center from Friday morning till Monday evening, and Monday afternoon I started preparing for it. Zanna and I were texting and she asked me when I was going to take it, and told me of her predicament that she had no one to watch Olivia while she took hers (other than her sons...) I volunteered. There is a pond in front of Weber State where birds, ducks and geese all gather. I happened to have a lot of bread that was just about to go bad, and I decided we could feed the ducks. 
Olivia LOVED every minute of it. Crows and tiny little song birds would come by and she would want to feed them as well. I had to explain that those kinds of birds wouldn't like bread as much as the ducks would. 
These particular ducks followed her around like crazy. They would try to come and grab it out of her hands while she wasn't paying attention. I would walk behind her and shoo the birds away. It was funny, the scary thing hissed at her, I would be terrified at 3 years old, but she hissed right back. Brave little girl. 

Olivia made friends. She handed me some bread to go share with the kids nearby. She was too shy to give them some, but she wanted them to have fun too. 
She's the baby cousin in our family, and she is pretty special to me. I just love this girl and we always have fun together.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
We got married August 9, 2008 and have been very busy with school and work and being newlywed. We love life and everything it has thrown at us.